Thursday, August 22, 2013

European Eating - The Mall Tavern - Throwback Thursday

I recently recommended an awesome restaurant to a colleague traveling to London, and since it's Throwback Thursday I thought I'd write a post about my visit to The Mall Tavern back in 2011.


My best friend Rebecca and I were in London for a little while during our European vacation. We absolutely love London and were so thrilled to spend some time there! Luckily we were able to spend some time with our best friend Katie who showed us some really awesome places in London, including the Hummingbird Bakery.

The Mall Tavern in located in the Notting Hill area, close to the Portobello Road market. After a long day of shopping and exploring, it was the perfect way to wind down. Most pubs in London carry a variety of the same things: fish and chips, beef pie, bangers and mash, etc., all very heavy to keep away the British chill. We were in London in July and it was hot and we felt like having something light and refreshing. The Mall Tavern differs from your average pub and had lots of really yummy items to choose from that matched our appetites that day.
We shared an heirloom tomato salad with warm goat cheese,
pesto flatbread,
and their soda bread (which is made in-house).
We washed it down with a Pimm's Cup!
We enjoyed the food at The Mall Tavern so much that we went a second time! This time we were looking for a more substantial meal and finished it off with dessert.

We each had a serving of the Mac & Cheese with smoked bacon.
I tried the Rose Lemonade which was sweet and bubbly with a hint of floral fragrance.
Rebecca finished her meal with the deconstructed cherry cheesecake,
and I had the toasted marshmallow (made in-house) with raspberry couli, which was flambeed right at the table!
 We absolutely loved everything we ate at The Mall Tavern which is why I always recommend it to friends visiting London. I will certainly go back the next time I'm across the pond.

1 comment:

  1. it is the best pub in London OMG! I love it! #reasonsforyoutocomeback!

    ReplyDelete