Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wanda's Pie in the Sky


Today for lunch I walked over to Kensington Market and grabbed a bite at Wanda's Pie in the Sky!

I had a roasted red pepper focaccia sandwich. It's a huge sandwich with lots of yummy fillings including olive spread, arugula, roasted zucchini, roasted eggplant, cheese, and caramelized onions. It is absolutely incredible!! I've found a new favourite. I had the sandwich with a side of coleslaw that had walnuts and dried cranberries in it. Also very yummy.


For dessert I grabbed some Parisian Macaroons and a chocolate pecan tart! I gave the pink macaroon to my friend and ate the green one. It was very sweet and I found it didn't have much flavour. I'm a huge macaroon fan and have eaten the real thing in Paris, so I can truthfully say that this was not the best macaroon I have eaten. The chocolate pecan tart was delicious and a nice treat to get me through the afternoon.


The next time you are in Kensington Market make sure you drop by Wanda's. They have a whole selection of pies (one of my favourites is the banana cream pie!), cakes and cookies, as well as a savory menu of sandwiches, pizza and salads. The atmosphere of  Wanda's is really cool. You can eat in or take out and during the warmer months you can sit out on their patio and have a watermelon slushie if it suits your fancy. If you do eat in, you'll be given your food on colourful dishes, like my blue plate and orange bowl. And if you take it to go it will be wrapped in red and white checkered paper. Either way, it will be delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I'd sit out and eat that In a pink neon ski suit in minus 30 degrees - :D Looks lovely

    ReplyDelete